While building a cross product template from DNG to Design manager, the derived by attribute links to model diagram from Design Manager. How do you know whether it is a use case diagram or sequence diagram or something else?
If you make a GET request to DM model OSLC / permanent URL (https://server:9443/dm/models/_Eea40KY8EeWtTLergOJe7g~OLDID__6018453__1) with Accept header as application/rdf+xml, you get OSLC representation of the resource. Looking at RDF/Description/type@resource attribute mentions whether the model is a use case or sequence diagram or etc. Continue reading “Understanding type of the model from DM”
Rational Publishing Engine is now available to download and try from jazz dot net. Contact IBM Sales team to get the evaluation license files.
Find more details on RPE on Jazz.net page.
While extracting Object heading from DOORS using RPE, RPE will try to retain DOORS heading formatting and styles and the heading is put in a new line. For example, add Object ID or Heading Number before Object Heading in a RPE template as below:
Though you expect the RPE document to show Heading Number and Object Heading in same line, they will be shown in separate lines. Continue reading “Printing DOORS Object Heading without line break”
We plan to retire the Legacy PDF Driver in the next release of RPE. The Legacy PDF Driver generates PDF documents and is replaced with the new PDF driver. The key points you need to know are:
1. The new PDF driver was introduced in 2012 and has been the default PDF document generation driver since then, as it provides better output formatting as well as a closer resemblance to MS Word output.
2. No improvements were made to the Legacy PDF driver in the last three years.
3. If the Legacy PDF driver is still being used, replace it with the new / default PDF driver.
a. If you notice any difference in the PDF document with the new PDF driver, the template would need minor modifications to tune it to the new PDF driver. Continue reading “Retiring Legacy PDF Driver”
We plan to retire the Remote Services (rpews) in the next release of RPE. The key points you need to know are:
1. Remote document generation from RPE Launcher / Studio will not be supported.
2. Report scheduling from RPE Launcher / Studio will not be supported.
3. Monitor and Control will not be supported from RPE Launcher / Studio.
4. We’ll plan to provide migration of basic assets from the old remote services to the newer Web Document Builder.
The better part is that all the key points above have support in RPE Web Document Builder. We encourage to use RPE Document Builder for producing documents from a web browser and for better collaboration of the artifacts within an organization.
With RPE 2.1, a number of new out of the box snippets and templates are shipped for various resources like DNG modules, QM test plan, test cases, RTC work items, Design Manager models, etc. This would allow quick start on document generation without worrying about finding the schema, building the initial template.
Check out RPE_HOME\templates and RPE_HOME\snippets directory for snippets and templates for products like DNG, RQM, RTC, DM, DOORS, etc.
Continue reading “OOTB Templates and Snippets in RPE 2.1”
The team has put in a new and latest RPE overview video. Special thanks to Akash, Nithya and Heidi.
Find detailed documentation here.