When DNG’s “Generate a document style report” feature misbehaves you should go through the following actions:
- check rrdg.log for additional information. The log file is location is <SERVER_INSTALL>\server\logs\rrdg.log.
- delete/move the rrdg folder located in C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\temp\rrc_reports\ See this technote for scenarios where this also helps. You do not need to stop the DNG server for this.
- create C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\temp\rrc_reports\rrdg\ if missing and step #2 did not help. You do not need to stop the DNG server for this.
- reinitialize the RM Publish Service http://server:9443/rm/publish/initialize
One more thing to be aware of is the UAC Data Virtualization trap. If you use Document Studio to edit the DNG templates directly in the server installation make sure you run Document Studio.
A problem that I troubleshooted and resolved recently using the above techniques was DNG not running macros on my machine despite everything being in place for that. The rrdg.log gave the first clue:
2014-07-21 19:49:57,483 [ Thread-85] INFO com.ibm.rational.rrdg – Input Error: Can not find script file “C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\temp\rrc_reports\rrdg\1_1_20120423\utils\word\runmacro.vbs”.
Checking the location specified in the error I discovered that C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\temp\rrc_reports did not have a rrdg child folder.
I created the rrdg folder, ran the document generation again and this time all worked well. I checked again the folder and observed that DNG did create the 1_1_20120423 and its contents ( config and utils).
NOTE: 1_1_20120423 is the RRDG folder used for 4.0.6 and other DNG versions will have a different number.
I have not figured out why this was happening and I’m working with my colleagues from the DNG team to figure it out but I assume the problem was most likely cause by the access rights of the rrc_reports folder.