To install RPE you can download the RPE image and install from the local repository or you can install directly from the online repository. You can use this option both for fresh installs as well as for upgrading from supported versions of RPE.
The procedure is fairly straightforward:
- start Installation Manager
- open the Add Repository page ( File > Preferences > Add Repository)
- in the repository field enter https://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.rational.rpe.offering/repository.xml
- enter your IBM ID and password
- close the preferences window
- choose the Install option
NOTE: RPE 1.3 requires Installation Manager 1.7.3 so if you have an older version, Installation Manager will first update itself.