Updated 2015.06.09 – new Bluemix URL
The Rational Publishing Engine(RPE) 2.0 Beta release is now available on Bluemix at https://rpe.mybluemix.net/home. This is an open Beta and we welcome you all to try it and let us know if this is what you were looking for from a 2.0 version of RPE.
This beta is meant to give RPE users an opportunity to give feedback on the features and usability of our new Web interface. Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for any feedback you’d like to share with the RPE team.
The focus of RPE 2.0 and implicitly of this beta is on the report-designer and end user scenarios. What we’d like to learn is:
– is this simple enough for end users?
– do we offer enough capabilities for report designers?
– is the interface intuitive enough?
Below are the quick start guide and the announcement letter for the RPE 2.0 Beta:
A more detailed announcement can be seen here: https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2015/03/04/announcing-the-rational-publishing-engine-2-0-beta/
- after you login I recommend that you use the “Create Examples” from the Design Page. This will give you the assets necessary to immediately use the tool.
- DOORS 9 is not supported by the Web UI.
- All the green buttons have sub-actions that are unveiled by clicking the small triangle next to them . We plan to make these actions more obvious in our next sprint.