The easiest way to evaluate the RPE WebServices 2.0 is to use the RPE 2.0 Bluemix Deployment. The Infocenter Tutorial: Document generation with the web app provides a guided tour of the new web UI and it’s the concepts.
The recommended first steps when using the Bluemix deployment are listed:
- access https://rpe.mybluemix.net/home and login using your preferred social account
- from the Design Page click on “Click here to generate the examples”
- go to the Generate Page and run on the News Glimpse report
- select “BBC News World Feed” and click Generate
- once the report is finished (watch our for the notification) download the results archive from the Generate page or go to the View page to access the individual documents and the log information
You can follow-up this by uploading your own templates and creating connections to your own data. Keep in mind that the data URLs must be visible from the Internet.
For any questions and feedback on the new web services please use the IBM support channels as well as this blog and the Dev Works forum.