Continuing the series of articles on the topic of creating traceability documents I have arrived at an interesting use case: traceability from DOORS 9 and RQM.
In this article I will describe how to create a document with requirements from DOORS 9 and their associated test cases from RQM.
You need to have DOORS 9, DOORS Web Access, QM installed and integrated. In my environment I am using DOORS 9.6.1 and QM 5.0.2 deployed on a Windows 7×64 machine. In the screenshot below I have 2 DOORS 9 requirements “validated by” RQM test cases.
The procedure is identical to the one for creating traceability documents from Rhapsody to RQM. Actually for building the template for this article I have reused the QM_TC_Snippet.dta referenced in that article.
The steps are:
- Iterate the DOORS 9 requirements
- Get the external links of type http://open-services.net/ns/rm#validatedByNOTE : The link is the OSLC URL of the test case which cannot be used directly for document generation. You need to get the Reportable REST URL first and this is what the next 2 steps do.
- Get the OSLC representation of the QM testcase
- From the OSLC representation read the Reportable REST URL for the QM resource
- Get the Reportable REST representation of the QM tescase and print it in your document
The template is available on the RPE Developer Works Wiki Unclassified & Cross Domain Templates page.
For more information on how to generate traceability documents from RQM I recommend reading Dr. Einar Karlsen’s excellent Using IBM Rational Publishing Engine to generate compliance documents: Part 1. Report generation for Rational Quality Manager, introducing REST service URLs, importing schemas, and basic template authoring