I’m happy to announce RPE 2.1, codename Multumesc, has been made generally available today. With this release we continued on the path we started in RPE 2.0 around simplifying the user experience with RPE. While with 2.0 and 2.0.1 we focused on administrators and end users with 2.1 our focus are template designers:
- Interactive Guides – new designers will be walked through the design process
- Drag&Drop for quick template design– drop your resource URL from the Browser in document studio and RPE will create a starting template for you
- Simplified CLM traceability – with the POX profile you no longer need to manipulate URLs to transform between OSLC and REST API.
- Word Import – use Word documents as the starting point of your template. RPE will convert the structure and a subset of the formatting into an RPE template
- Java Script Reuse – you can now define code modules inside a template and reuse the functions defined there everywhere else in the template.
This and much more is described in https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6RHZ_2.1.0/com.ibm.rational.pe.overview.doc/topics/c_whats_new_21.html and will be further discussed here.
The team even put together videos to show some of the new features https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZGO0qYNSD4UtXl3xXGsL1hhumg0s8m9i
Kudos to the RPE team and to all of you that helped us define and refine these features.