We plan to retire the Remote Services (rpews) in the next release of RPE. The key points you need to know are:
1. Remote document generation from RPE Launcher / Studio will not be supported.
2. Report scheduling from RPE Launcher / Studio will not be supported.
3. Monitor and Control will not be supported from RPE Launcher / Studio.
4. We’ll plan to provide migration of basic assets from the old remote services to the newer Web Document Builder.
5. The assets from RPE Document Builder will continue to be available in RPE thick client.
The better part is that all the key points above have support in RPE Web Document Builder. We encourage to use RPE Document Builder for producing documents from a web browser and for better collaboration of the artifacts within an organization.