RPE 6.0.6 is now generally available. We concentrated on improving template designer experience, enterprise security and the document output formats.
The three main features in RPE 6.0.6 are
- Live Document preview
- Document Studio now includes a live Preview view, where you can see the output as you design the template in the template editor, without having to manually generate the document and open it. Refresh the preview by saving or clicking the Preview button. By default this view only shows the first 10 records of any query. See Previewing a document and/or video tutorial.
- RPE Document Builder (web) is available under JTS home menu.
- Document Builder will appear on the Home menu for Collaborative Lifecycle Management if Document Builder is registered with Jazz Team Server.
- Support for Kerberos authentication
- When designing templates and generating documents in the desktop client, you can now authenticate with CLM applications that are using the Kerberos/SPNEGO SSO (single sign-on) protocol. See Configuring Kerberos-SPNEGO authentication in Rational Publishing Engine.
Additionally we continued to improve usability of Document Builder, improving HTML output format and licensing improvements with configurable timeout values. Find more about what’s new in RPE 6.0.6 here.
The team has recorded videos of some of the new features/enhancements from the release. These videos have the voice and caption to serve the purpose effectively.
Follow Jazz dot net for more updates about RPE 6.0.6.
Rational Publishing Engine works with the IBM IoT continuous engineering solution. To download and install Rational Publishing Engine, go to https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-publishing-engine.