RPE 2.1.2 has been made generally available early this week. With 2.1.2 we focused both on desktop client and on Document Builder (Web client). Some of the interesting ones are
- Extend the reach with support for JSON format for document generation.
- Atlassian JIRA is supported in 2.1.2 and we plan to add more in the future
- Generate comparison document from RPE Studio/Launcher
- For eg, compare multiple version of requirements, etc
- Scalability improvements in RPE Document Builder for large document and concurrent document generation
- Enhanced report permission in RPE Document Builder
- Set permissions at individual assets level
- Generate Word and PDF for JRS reports from within JRS
- Platform support improvements to support MS SQL database, Suse Linux, Edge browser
- Number of usability improvements
- Search in schema
- Zoom in, zoom out studio editor
- Grouped advanced (runtime) variables in Document Builder
- JTS RPE role mapping
- Tag support for Connections
- Group schedules by tag and report name
- Find more on what’s new here.
The team has recorded videos of some of the new features/enhancements from the release. These videos have the voice and caption to serve the purpose effectively.
Watch out more details at Jazz dot net RPE blog space.
Out-of-the-box sample assets have been available in the Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) Desktop installation of RPE Document Studio and RPE Launcher for many versions. These sample assets are now included within RPE Document Builder 2.1.1.
Find details at https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/01/19/sample-assets-in-rational-publishing-engine-document-builder/
Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) 1.3 and above was already capable of configuration-aware document generation. With Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) 6.0.3, we can use configurations of separate components in the project area to achieve re-usability. Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG) and Rational Quality Manager (RQM) offer the reusable solution. With RPE 1.3 (yes, 1.3) and above, we can generate documents by selecting the configuration of a component through RPE Launcher (desktop application) and also from RPE Document Builder (Web application) while configuring the template data source.
Find more details at https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/01/16/generate-documents-from-fine-grained-components/
RPE 2.1.1 has been made generally available today. We continued on the path we started in RPE 2.0 around simplifying the user experience with RPE. RPE 2.0, 2.0.1 focused on administrators and end users while RPE 2.1 focused on template designers. With 2.1.1, we continued focus on both template designers and report designers.
Improvements in 2.1.1
Continue reading “RPE 2.1.1”
IBM Reporting, Analytics, and Document Generation session is scheduled for 17th Nov from 1PM to 5PM.
The session will focus on the latest improvements for the Jazz Reporting Service and Publishing Engine and how self service reporting can better support project teams in your community.
Attend VoiCE to provide feedback, concerns and suggestions around reporting tools.
ICE-IoT – IBM Watson 2016 is held from 15-17 November, Long Beach, California (on the Queen Mary). More details here: http://learnquestconference.com/iceiot16
More information in upcoming posts.
RPE 1.3 and above is capable of generating configuration-aware document from CLM environment with Configuration enabled.
My colleagues Sunil and Dragos have put a video that explains document generation from RPE desktop client and RPE Web document builder.
Find documentation related to configuration-aware below.
Setting up data source with config-aware
Discovering OSLC resource for GC Continue reading “Configuration Aware Document Generation”