RPE 6.0.6 is now generally available. We concentrated on improving template designer experience, enterprise security and the document output formats. Continue reading “RPE 6.0.6”
IBM Watson IOT CE is happening in Europe for the fist time. It is scheduled for 14th to 16th May, 2018 at Munich, Germany. Do register to learn and share your experience.
The event will deliver in-depth technical content targeted at architects, developers, testers, integrators and managers by offering lectures and hands-on labs to expand your knowledge and expertise on the latest technologies, trends, tips and techniques. More details at http://conference.learnquest.com/CE-Summit-Europe/
RPE 6.0.5 is now generally available. Yes, it is 6.0.5 and not 2.1.x. We aligned our version number with rest of the Continuous Engineering (CE) and Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) solutions.
SSLHandshakeException exception is noticed with RPE 2.1.2 while connecting to DNG, RTC, RQM in few environments. This is happening due to the mismatch in ciphers.
One way to fix it is to add cipher supported in RPE into CLM. See http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22007595 for details.
Another way is use swap JRE directory from RPE 2.1.1 to RPE 2.1.2. The jre direction is found in RPE_INSTALLATION_PATH directory.
RPE 2.1.2 has been made generally available early this week. With 2.1.2 we focused both on desktop client and on Document Builder (Web client). Some of the interesting ones are
- Extend the reach with support for JSON format for document generation.
- Atlassian JIRA is supported in 2.1.2 and we plan to add more in the future
- Generate comparison document from RPE Studio/Launcher
- For eg, compare multiple version of requirements, etc
- Scalability improvements in RPE Document Builder for large document and concurrent document generation
- Enhanced report permission in RPE Document Builder
- Set permissions at individual assets level
- Generate Word and PDF for JRS reports from within JRS
- Platform support improvements to support MS SQL database, Suse Linux, Edge browser
- Number of usability improvements
- Search in schema
- Zoom in, zoom out studio editor
- Grouped advanced (runtime) variables in Document Builder
- JTS RPE role mapping
- Tag support for Connections
- Group schedules by tag and report name
- Find more on what’s new here.
The team has recorded videos of some of the new features/enhancements from the release. These videos have the voice and caption to serve the purpose effectively.
Watch out more details at Jazz dot net RPE blog space.
Out-of-the-box sample assets have been available in the Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) Desktop installation of RPE Document Studio and RPE Launcher for many versions. These sample assets are now included within RPE Document Builder 2.1.1.
Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) 1.3 and above was already capable of configuration-aware document generation. With Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) 6.0.3, we can use configurations of separate components in the project area to achieve re-usability. Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG) and Rational Quality Manager (RQM) offer the reusable solution. With RPE 1.3 (yes, 1.3) and above, we can generate documents by selecting the configuration of a component through RPE Launcher (desktop application) and also from RPE Document Builder (Web application) while configuring the template data source.