I’ve stumbled upon a great recording from the 321gang team and Geoffrey Rosenthal on Reporting on the Jazz CLM including Development Intelligence (RRDI) and Document Generation (RPE).
Even though it’s one year old this remains a useful and enjoyable view and it’s worth watching even just for the clear way of presenting the various reporting solution offered by Rational ( RPE, RRDG, RRDI, Insight), their overlap, when to use them and for what.
The full presentation is available here and a 5 minutes intro posted on Youtube.
The IBM Rational Software Systems team and its partners present 3 new free webinars in August. For more details and registration links see the announcement letter (mobile version).
- August 7th 12PM EST (9AM PST) Introduction to DXL.
- August 13th 12PM EST (9AM PST) Managing and RFP with DOORS.
- August 21st 12PM EST (9AM PST)
Integrating Requirements and Models with IBM Rational DOORS and IBM Rhapsody.
The full list of upcoming webinars in 2014 and the recordings of previous sessions are available on ibmfederal.us. The sessions cover 5 domains and they go back as far as 2012:
The RPE related sessions ( only by looking at the title) are listed below. I have watched some of them and found them quite interesting:
- 12/18/14 “Standardization” of RPE Templates. Register
- 06/06/14 DOORS and Rational Publishing Engine – The latest enhancements. Recording
- 04/02/14 DOORS Enlightenment Extra: Painless Document Publishing. Recording
- 08/16/13 Innovation with DOORS and Rational Publishing Engine. Recording
- 02/15/13 Generating Professional Documentation with Rational Publishing Engine . Recording
- 04/20/12 Exporting to Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) for Professional Documentation. Recording
- 01/11/2013 Systems Engineering: Reporting on Rhapsody Models with RPE. Recording
Update 2041.08.04 10PM: despite its name the site is external to IBM so please take this into account when using the site.
A source of education on IBM Rational technologies are the open labs offered by IBM Rational DoD Events.
Rational Publishing Engine is among the technologies covered and the Free IBM Rational Software Open Labs – Sept 8, 9 & 10 2014 Cambridge, MA will include a lab entitled “Publish Your Rational DOORS Requirements with Rational Publishing Engine”
For a full list of the upcoming labs and the tools and technologies that they cover you should consult the List of Events.
As I’ve seen numerous questions on producing documents with RPE from RRC I’m compiling a list of RRC related document generation topics here. Please leave comments with resources that I have missed.
Continue reading “Publishing from RRC – a collection of resources”
Rational Requirements Composer uses RRDG to provide document generation capabilities to its users directly from the RRC Web UI. RRDG is the same engine that RPE uses (see RRDG vs RPE) but the UI and capabilities exposed by RRC are different from RPE. Also the RRC UI employs a different vocabulary than the one used in RPE and in the case of the PDF output’s UI understanding this vocabulary can make a very large difference in how the output looks. Continue reading “Choosing the PDF output type in RRC’s built-in Document Generation UI”
The beta for CLM 2012 is now available. See Reporting and CLM 2012 Integrations for information on some of CLM’s 2012 reporting capabilities and how RRDG and RPE work in this context.
See RRDG vs RPE for a discussion on how RRDG and RPE relate.