RPE 2.1.2 has been made generally available early this week. With 2.1.2 we focused both on desktop client and on Document Builder (Web client). Some of the interesting ones are
- Extend the reach with support for JSON format for document generation.
- Atlassian JIRA is supported in 2.1.2 and we plan to add more in the future
- Generate comparison document from RPE Studio/Launcher
- For eg, compare multiple version of requirements, etc
- Scalability improvements in RPE Document Builder for large document and concurrent document generation
- Enhanced report permission in RPE Document Builder
- Set permissions at individual assets level
- Generate Word and PDF for JRS reports from within JRS
- Platform support improvements to support MS SQL database, Suse Linux, Edge browser
- Number of usability improvements
- Search in schema
- Zoom in, zoom out studio editor
- Grouped advanced (runtime) variables in Document Builder
- JTS RPE role mapping
- Tag support for Connections
- Group schedules by tag and report name
- Find more on what’s new here.
The team has recorded videos of some of the new features/enhancements from the release. These videos have the voice and caption to serve the purpose effectively.
Watch out more details at Jazz dot net RPE blog space.
Recording of the Webinar is available at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5330841770988702465.
The webinar is on Thu, Mar 9, 2017 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM PST.
Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8136732772471247362
Simplify document generation with RPE Document Builder (Web)
The RPE Document builder has all Web UI that makes it easier for users to generate documents right from their browser. This Web solution improves the experience for users, designers and for administrators. Report Designers can create reports from existing templates and other reusable assets while any user can login to this secure web interface to generate documents with just a couple of clicks. This session is about how these new capabilities of RPE can help you generate documents accurately and efficiently.
Feel free to share it with other interesting folks.
This is the first time RPE has published a milestone during the release cycle. RPE 2.1.2 M2 Milestone is available to install desktop (Studio an Launcher) and deploy Document Builder (web). If this is the first time you are looking to try RPE and you need a RPE trial license, please contact your sales representative and they will get you going in no time.
Important Features and Enhancement included are the following.
- Generate documents from Atlassian JIRA that produces JSON through it’s REST API
- Simplify data source configuration
- Document generation from CLM enabled with JSA (SSO)
- Document Builder
- Improved asset permission to make individual asset as public / private. Add co-owner to an asset.
- Improved Runtime Variables administrative page
- Map JTS roles to RPE role when Document Builder is configured to use JTS authentication
- Tag support for connections
- Add tag for connections
- Advanced search
- Search by tag while associating data source to a connection.
Find more details at https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/rpe/2.1.2/M2/index.html.
Any feedback are welcome.
With RPE 2.1.1, an RPE administrator can pause, resume, or cancel the jobs that are running for an unexpectedly long time, or allow a high priority job to go through early in the queue by cancelling some of the low priority jobs.
Find more details on jazz dot net blog https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/01/20/monitoring-and-controlling-document-generation-jobs-in-document-builder/