I’m happy to announce RPE 2.1, codename Multumesc, has been made generally available today. With this release we continued on the path we started in RPE 2.0 around simplifying the user experience with RPE. While with 2.0 and 2.0.1 we focused on administrators and end users with 2.1 our focus are template designers:
- Interactive Guides – new designers will be walked through the design process
- Drag&Drop for quick template design– drop your resource URL from the Browser in document studio and RPE will create a starting template for you
- Simplified CLM traceability – with the POX profile you no longer need to manipulate URLs to transform between OSLC and REST API.
- Word Import – use Word documents as the starting point of your template. RPE will convert the structure and a subset of the formatting into an RPE template
- Java Script Reuse – you can now define code modules inside a template and reuse the functions defined there everywhere else in the template.
This and much more is described in https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6RHZ_2.1.0/com.ibm.rational.pe.overview.doc/topics/c_whats_new_21.html and will be further discussed here.
The team even put together videos to show some of the new features https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZGO0qYNSD4UtXl3xXGsL1hhumg0s8m9i
Kudos to the RPE team and to all of you that helped us define and refine these features.
The material Einar Karlssen and I created for the Interconnect 2016 Plan Ahead and Act Proficiently for Reporting session is available on Slideshare in addition of being available via Interconnect Mobile Application
This alongside the best practice articles Kumar just posted can be used as a frame of reference for building documents with RPE.
As a developer and IBMer I am thrilled by this. As a Sci-Fi lover however … I do hope the Watson team has the three laws of robotics built in the Watson core.
This is how JRS, Insight and RPE fit together to provide reporting capabilities for CLM and more. The JRS and RPE combination offers excellent design usability and runtime performance for any report that involves traceability/data aggregation.
(click to enlarge)
The presentations for the Interconnect 2016 sessions are now available through the Interconnect Mobile Application.
Plan Ahead and Act Proficiently for Reporting covers the most important lessons we learned in almost 7 years of implementing document generation with Rational tools.
Many thanks to Dr. Einar Karlsen for his pioneering work with RPE which is distilled into this material. Unfortunately for reasons outside his control Dr. Karlsen will not attend Interconnect this year so I am tasked with sharing this wonderful information alone.
Looking forward to see you on Monday, 22nd of Feb from 12PM.