IBM Watson IOT CE 2017 is scheduled for 14th to 17th November, 2017 at New Orleans, Louisiana.
Submit the abstracts before last date, register for the conference. Find more details at http://conference.learnquest.com/CESummit17/ Continue reading “Watson IOT: Continuous Engineering for the IoT Summit 2017”
RPE 2.1.2 has been made generally available early this week. With 2.1.2 we focused both on desktop client and on Document Builder (Web client). Some of the interesting ones are
- Extend the reach with support for JSON format for document generation.
- Atlassian JIRA is supported in 2.1.2 and we plan to add more in the future
- Generate comparison document from RPE Studio/Launcher
- For eg, compare multiple version of requirements, etc
- Scalability improvements in RPE Document Builder for large document and concurrent document generation
- Enhanced report permission in RPE Document Builder
- Set permissions at individual assets level
- Generate Word and PDF for JRS reports from within JRS
- Platform support improvements to support MS SQL database, Suse Linux, Edge browser
- Number of usability improvements
- Search in schema
- Zoom in, zoom out studio editor
- Grouped advanced (runtime) variables in Document Builder
- JTS RPE role mapping
- Tag support for Connections
- Group schedules by tag and report name
- Find more on what’s new here.
The team has recorded videos of some of the new features/enhancements from the release. These videos have the voice and caption to serve the purpose effectively.
Watch out more details at Jazz dot net RPE blog space.
Andy Lapping has created set of templates for Rational Publishing Engine to produce reports from Harmony aMBSE models.
You could download the templates and could be used as-is or customized. The zip file also includes a PPT with some more details.
Below are the sessions for Rational Publishing Engine and Reporting at InterConnect 2017. Click on the links for the abstract of the session. Looking forward to see you there.
IBM Reporting and Document Generation across the IBM Continuous Engineering Products
Sunday, 12:15 PM - 3:30 PM | Lagoon H | Session ID: 6958A
Ask the Experts: Reporting and Document Generation to Support Continuous Engineering
Tuesday, 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM | Meet the Experts Forum # 4 | Session ID: 6652A
Reporting without Borders
Wednesday, 10:15 AM - 11:00 AM | Tradewinds E | Session ID: 4071A
Getting it Right: Traceability Documents for Product Line Engineering
Thursday, 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM | Tradewinds F | Session ID: 4141A
Components and Configuration-Aware Document Generation
Thursday, 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM | Tradewinds E | Session ID: 3357A
The Scoop on Configuration-Aware Reporting
Thursday, 11:30 AM - 12:15 AM | Tradewinds E | Session ID: 3429A
Find all sessions here: https://myibm.ibm.com/events/interconnect/all-sessions
Recording of the Webinar is available at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5330841770988702465.
The webinar is on Thu, Mar 9, 2017 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM PST.
Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8136732772471247362
Simplify document generation with RPE Document Builder (Web)
The RPE Document builder has all Web UI that makes it easier for users to generate documents right from their browser. This Web solution improves the experience for users, designers and for administrators. Report Designers can create reports from existing templates and other reusable assets while any user can login to this secure web interface to generate documents with just a couple of clicks. This session is about how these new capabilities of RPE can help you generate documents accurately and efficiently.
Feel free to share it with other interesting folks.
This is the first time RPE has published a milestone during the release cycle. RPE 2.1.2 M2 Milestone is available to install desktop (Studio an Launcher) and deploy Document Builder (web). If this is the first time you are looking to try RPE and you need a RPE trial license, please contact your sales representative and they will get you going in no time.
Important Features and Enhancement included are the following.
- Generate documents from Atlassian JIRA that produces JSON through it’s REST API
- Simplify data source configuration
- Document generation from CLM enabled with JSA (SSO)
- Document Builder
- Improved asset permission to make individual asset as public / private. Add co-owner to an asset.
- Improved Runtime Variables administrative page
- Map JTS roles to RPE role when Document Builder is configured to use JTS authentication
- Tag support for connections
- Add tag for connections
- Advanced search
- Search by tag while associating data source to a connection.
Find more details at https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/rpe/2.1.2/M2/index.html.
Any feedback are welcome.