I’ve received this from Nancy Rundlet and I’d like to share it here. I’m glad to see that at least one of the sessions will cover document generation with RPE.
We are very pleased to announce the DOORS and DOORS Next Generation Enlightenment Series for April through June 2016.
Each month, the DOORS Next Generation webinars will be held on the 1st Thursday, and DOORS 9.x will be on the 3rd Thursday at 11:00 AM ET (8:00 AM PT). Details with abstracts and registration links for each of the webinars are in the attached Word Document or you can register by clicking on the registration link below.
The abstracts for the session are provided in the attached document. DOORS Abstracts Q2 2016
||Webcast series – Thursday 11:00 ET for approximately 1 hour DNG on 1st Thursday and DOORS 9.x on 3rd Thursday
||Creating Traceability in DOORS and Beyond – The Various Methods
||Jim Marsh, IBM
||Importing and Exporting with DOORS Next Generation
||Carlos Ramirez, IBM
||An Automated Method for Collecting Metrics
||Kori Haynes, Crane Aerospace
||Exploring Navigation in DOORS Next Generation
||Ed Gentry, IBM
||DOORS 101: An Introduction to DOORS 9.6
||Rick Learn, IBM
||Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) for Custom Reports Across the Lifecycle (DNG, RQM, and Rhapsody)
||Don Cunningham, IBM
||Customizing DOORS and Web Access to Speed up Reviews and Save Lives
||Cliff Sadler, Brockwell Technologies (US Army)
The links in the 3 minute videos post have been updated as two of the videos have been re-edited.
DISCLAIMER: the videos are actually slightly longer than 3 minutes so please don’t use them as timers for boiling your favorite 3 minute eggs.
We’ve recorded a number of short videos showing how to deploy RPE. They are just long enough to keep you entertained while boiling eggs for breakfast.
Andy Lapping has published a fantastic training material for using Rational Publishing Engine with Rational Rhapsody on https://ibm.app.box.com/s/w2wti775zkn25uxzh2io7yixkgraz4wi
This is one the best, if not the best, education material I’ve seen for RPE and Rhapsody and it adds to Andy’s already long list of contributions to RPE. @Andy – thank you so much for all the help.
The training gives an introduction to RPE and continues with basic concepts before elaborating on advanced techniques. Everything is beautify explained and the concepts are introduced incrementally in a way that it is easy to follow and understand.
- Overview of Rational Publishing Engine
- Creating Basic Templates for Rhapsody
- Formatting in RPE
- Filtering and Conditions
- Bookmarks and Hyperlinks
- Debugging Templates
- Creating Advanced Templates for Rhapsody
- RPE in a Jazz Environment
- Recursing Through Rhapsody Project Structures
- Variables and ‘Looking Down the Tree’
- Reporting on Multiple Rhapsody Projects
The http://ibmfederal.us/DOORS-Enlightenment/ offers a large number of recorded webinars on DOORS 9 and DOORS Next. To highlight just a few:
- Understanding Search, Queries and Views in DOORS Next Generation
- Data Migration from DOORS to DOORS NG
- Requirements Configuration Management — Product Line Engineering
- What’s New for Reporting and Document Generation
(Supporting in DOORS and DOORS NG)
You can access these and you can register for upcoming sessions on http://ibmfederal.us/DOORS-Enlightenment/.
Ironside , an IBM Premier Business Partner and IBM Cognos Partner for fifteen years, has scheduled two Rational Publishing Engine webinars for July 15th.
- What’s New in the Rational Publishing Engine: Enterprise Reporting Series – Jared Pulham, the RPE Product Manager and myself will give an overview of RPE 2.0
- Generating Documents in the Rational Publishing Engine: Report Writing Series – the Ironside team will demonstrate building templates with RPE
We’re looking forward to demonstrate RPE’s capabilities and answer your questions in the on-line sessions.
For additional events organised by Ironside please consult the Ironside Events Calendar